How to add or remove PTO/PTA parent admin accounts
Parents at a school can be granted special administrative permissions on HelpAtSchools that allow them to:
- Manage ANY volunteer signup at the school.
- View directory opt-in statistics and download directory data.
- View and search historical volunteer information.
- Edit the "About our school" page.
To grant or rescind "pto_admin" permissions:
- Go to Admin->Manage Users
- Search for and find the parent.
- Click on the small "change" link in the "Role" column.
- In the Change User Role window, select "PTO Administrator" from the New Role list.
IMPORTANT: NEVER give any parent a "Staff with Admin Privileges" or "School Registrar" role. That is a security risk.
- Click Change Role.
To quickly see which parents have PTO_admin roles at the school:
- Go to Admin->Manage Users and type "PTO_admin" in the search field.
- To rescind PTO_admin permissions, click on the "change" link in the "Role" column.
- Select Verified Parent or Staff and click Change Role.
How to add a child's nickname to the parent/student directory.
To add your child's nickname to the parent/student directory, visit the Account Settings page:
How do I add a question to a signup?
How to add a question to a signup Sometimes it’s useful to have volunteers answer a question when they sign up to volunteer. For example, you might ask what food item volunteers are planning to bring to a school potluck. To add a question, click on ...
How to control what's listed in the parent/student directory
Parents can choose which information they would like shown in the parent/student directory by visiting the Account Settings page:
You must have registrar permissions on HelpAtSchools to add/remove teachers/staff. Staff can be added/removed by logging into HelpAtSchools and then going to Admin->Manage Conferences: Then, click on the Edit Staff tab: To add a new staff member, ...
How do I manually assign a parent to a volunteer job?
Most of the time parents will sign themselves up for volunteer jobs by clicking the sign-up button for the job they would like to fill. However, in some situations (for example if a parent calls you over the phone), it's useful to be able to ...